Abu Dhabi – UAE
There are several Abu Dhabi free zone, which offer a favorable environment for business setup in the Emirates and provide a gateway for foreign investors to tap its full potential. We provide reliable services for Abu Dhabi Business Setup in free zones. Abu Dhabi is the federal capital of the United Arab Emirates and the largest of the seven emirates, occupying more than 80% of the country’s total land.
Abu Dhabi free zones are a part of the Emirate’s economic diversification initiative to boost the local economy and promote foreign investment. Business set up in free zones comprises primarily media and light companies, logistics companies, and medium & heavy industries.There are many incentives and facilities that share holders receive by setting up a company in Abu Dhabi free zones, which is the key driving force behind company formation in Abu Dhabi.
List of free zones for Abu Dhabi company setup
Most of the UAE emirates have set up free zones to boost the economy in the region, promote foreign investment, and drive growth. Free Zone Authority is the government body that registers and issues business licenses to non-resident companies in UAE free zone. There are mainly 7 free zones in Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
- Two Four 54
- Abu Dhabi Ports Company Free Zone
- Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone
- Industrial City of Abu Dhabi
- Masdar City Free Zone
- Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD)
Types of legal entities for Abu Dhabi business setup
A corporate or individual entity can register their venture in Abu Dhabi free zones, in any one of the following ways:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company:
A Limited Liability Company (LLC) is an independent legal entity, with individual share holder(s), corporate share holder(s), or a mixture of both. The minimum capital requirement depends on the type of business activity.
- Branch of a Foreign Company: With the exception of foreign companies licensed to operate from a free zone, a foreign company may carry on its main activity or business in the UAE or establish an office or branch after a license is issued by the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
- Branch of a UAE Company: A company set up in the UAE can also open a branch in free zones, mainland or offshore.
- Freelance License: Freelancers can have a freelance permit, which identifies one as a sole practitioner and enables him/her to conduct a business in one’s birth name, as opposed to a brand name.