Dubai Airport Free Zone-DAFZA
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) was established in 1996 within the boundaries of Dubai International Airport, and is considered as one of the fastest growing Free Zones in the region. Company formation in DAFZA is the best idea to start business in Dubai and the UAE.
Dubai Airport Free zone, commonly abbreviated as DAFZA, is a globally serving free economic zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It has been providing information and services regarding business building and company setup in Dubai. It is one of the world’s most prestigious, advanced and innovative free zones in the United Arab Emirates for companies to set up in Dubai. The DAFZA has a great contribution in making Dubai an investment-driven economy, being one of the causes of 4.7 percent of Dubai’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product). In recent periods, it is one of the fastest growing and developing free zones in the region.
The DAFZA Free Zone is a strategic gateway for developing Dubai as a successful centre for business, trade and investment.
The Free Zone provides all facilities required by multinational companies worldwide to establish their regional offices, capture business opportunities available in the neighbouring markets having over 2 billion consumers.
The main mission of the DAFZA team is to ensure that Dubai is the preferred investment destination using enterprise, commitment and creative solutions. More than 825 multinational and regional companies operate in the Free Zone.
Dubai Airport Free zone Authority (DAFZA) is the most well-known and one of the most successful among the many free zones in the UAE. Launched in 1996, DAFZA has pretty much spearheaded Dubai’s transformation into a diversified, investment-driven economy.
Thanks to the incredible business-friendly services and benefits that DAFZA offers businesses, it has grown to become the preferred destination of over 1,600 companies from across the world. Today it contributes nearly 5% of Dubai’s GDP.
Location: Covering over an area of 696,000 square meters, DAFZA is located in the heart of Dubai, near to the airport which has provided an advantage for business setup and profits there. It has become the gateway for an astonishing number of investors to provide opportunities in the UAE.
It has been a home to more than 2000+ registered businesses covering over 20+ sectors and several industries. It comprises a lot of features to offer to the registered businesses there. A unique feature provided by very few free zones in UAE is its provision of dual licensing with Dubai department of Economic Development.
Establishment of a business in DAFZA or company formation in DAFZA means working in a fast-growing free zone in UAE. Unique benefits like market access, world class facilities and tax exemption are the major green flags for operating in a place near the international airport, which gives DAFZA a great positive point.
The Free zone provides 24/7 customs clearance center, fitted and furnished offices up to 60 sq meters and brand new warehouse in DAFZA industrial park.
Below are some of the major advantages of setting up a business in Dubai Airport Free zone:
Advantages of company setup in DAFZA
1.Leasing and licensing: Incorporation and registration of a new
- FZ establishment of a foreign company
- Free Zone licensing
- Office lease agreements
2.Interiors and facilities management:
- In-house interior design services turnkey solutions with easy payment plans
- House keeping and management of building
- Approval of fit out and retrofit activities.
- Visas (including visas for employment, visas for visit and dependents’ visas)
- Visa transfer
- Employment contracts
- Family sponsorship
- Dedicated Government service centers:
- Dubai customs
- Dubai police
- Dubai chamber
- Dubai health authority
- Emirates post
- Directorate of general residency and foreign affairs
- Information and communications Technology:
- Telecom services
- Telephone lines
- IT support packages
- Integrated solutions
- Other services:
- Emirates NBD
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Travel companies
- Visa facilities
- Security services:
- 24/7 under CCTV surveillance
- Car park leasing
- Entry permits
- Certified fire safety training
- Comprehensive safety systems
- 100 percent corporate tax exemption
- 100 percent import and export tax exemption
- 100 percent personal income tax exemption
- No restrictions on currency
- 100 percent ownership
- 100 percent repatriation on capital and profits
The well developed infrastructure provides them a better place for business establishment. DAFZA provides a dedicated logistics center residing next to one of the biggest international airports. Moreover no import duties are imposed for the goods in the free zone. Suitable offices and warehouses are also available.
Dubai is one of the most leading countries in the world and a good amount of credit goes to tha free zone area business and company setup there. Several awards and appreciations have set their mindset to such positive impacts that they are upgrading day by day. We can only expect great success and more procurement in the future.
Such initiatives and services are an open field for various start ups and employment in UAE. Such a dynamic business hub located in the very heart of global trade has benefited various access to the world’s busiest international airport.
- Extraordinary Operational Services: These services include everything from full-fledged ready-to-use offices and world-class IT and housekeeping services to a prompt and professional 24-hour security, round-the-clock dedicated logistics facilities, and an unfailing energy supply. Additionally, these services are managed by trained internationally-qualified staff who are supported by cutting-edge hi-tech equipment.
- 100% Ownership: This is one of the greatest advantages of choosing DAFZA to set up your offices. The chance to own a business in its entirety in a foreign land is often rare and unusual, and the ability to make quick administrative and operational decisions without having to get it cleared by others can play an unparalleled role in the success of a business.
- 100% Repatriation Of Profits: Businesses operating within DAFZA are exempted from export/import taxes, corporate taxes and duties for about 50 years. The complete repatriation of profits not only adds to the revenue, it also saves businesses from worrying about the constant changes in government policies eating further into their profits.
- Business Processes Made Easy DAFZA is fertile ground to start off any company formation process. Not only are there a variety of licenses on offer based on your unique form of business and industry vertical, these are also easy to obtain through a process free of complicated red-tape and unnecessary administrative tasks.
- Easy Hiring: One of the foremost factors deciding the success of a business is the easy access to quality talent that can contribute to the eventual growth of the organisation. DAFZA supports companies by streamlining accessibility to labour and providing comprehensive and hassle-free visa processing, sponsorship and accommodation services for employees.
Dubai Airport Free Zone License: For starting a business with full impact, it is important to know the type of licenses you need to have a fully fledged working system. Following are the types of licenses issued in DAFZA for the convenience of investors:
The companies that are willing to set up their businesses at DAFZA have the following licensing options for the incorporation of their company:
- Trade License: Businessmen that are trying to establish their company through trade methods like importing, exporting, re-exporting, distributing and storing specific items need to have this license which allows them to trade.
- Industrial License: This sort of license is needed for undertaking light manufacturing activities, packaging, industrial activities and assembly.
- Dual Licensing with the Department of Economic Development (DED): All the DAFZA licensed companies having an office or warehouse have the eligibility to obtain a DED license. They don’t need any additional office facilities on the mainland.
- Service License: Service oriented businesses need this type of license, providing them a system to provide the services specified by that license.
- General Trading License: The ability to advertise general facilities such as import and export, review, storage and distribution methods is permitted by this License.
- E-Commerce License: It permits the holder to trade products and services online.
DAFZA requires quite an extensive set of documents for business registration, which even includes bank statements of the Stockholder.Approval of the company takes about a week, followed by the actual registration. Investors need to have the following basic needs for any company setup:
- Letter of intent
- Business plan and strategy
- Duly filled application form
- Financial report of the company
- The main profile of the company
- Personal bank statement for 6 months
- Original reference letter
DAFZA is ranked 1st globally by the Foreign Direct Investment Magazine’s Global Free Zones and Awards 2012/13. The excellent strategic approach and preached on plans has made DAFZA to win such titles.
Company Setup Types:
To start any kind of business the investors should always be aware of what kind of company they want to continue in. For DAFZA there are two kinds of business that can be established.
- FZCO SETUP: This type of company setup is almost identical to a limited liability company that can operate within the free zone.
- Can be from 1-50 stockholders (individual, corporate or both)
- Minimum share capital: AED 1,000 per stockholder
- Value of each share: AED 1,000
BRANCH SETUP: Here no share capital is required. Existing companies can put in place a Branch of their parent company in DAFZ.
- Totally owned by the parent company
- Name should be same as the parent company
- The activities related to business should be same as the parental company
DAFZA is a sophisticated high quality free zone with more than 20 industries, that includes IT sectors and telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, mechanical engineering, aviation, freight, jewelry and cosmetics. Some of the world’s renowned brands like Airbus, Rolls Royce, Audi, Volkswagen, Boeing to Richemont, Chanel and Estee Lauder have established their company setup in this prestigious free zone in DAFZA.
If you are business looking to set up your offices or company formation in DAFZA- Dubai Airport Free Zone, it would be wise to seek the help of a “EXPEDITEZONE DUBAI” company formation specialists who can guide you through the various legal formalities and procedures and support you with facilities that can get you started and operational right away.