About Abu Dhabi Free Zones
There are several Abu Dhabi free zone, which offers a favorable environment for business setup in the Emirates and provide a gateway for foreign investors to tap its full potential. Company formation in Abu Dhabi free zone with oil and petroleum products trading is the best choice among investors. We provide reliable services for Abu Dhabi Business Setup in free zones. Abu Dhabi is the federal capital of the United Arab Emirates and the largest of the seven emirates, occupying more than 80% of the country’s total land.
There are more than 50 UAE free zones across seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates to boost UAE’s economy in the region, encourage foreign investment, and industrial growth. The UAE free zone authorities are the government body that incorporate new business to non-resident individual and companies from different countries. Below are the top 7 free zones in Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone
- Two Four 54
- Abu Dhabi Ports Company Free Zone
- Abu Dhabi Global Markets Free Zone
- Industrial City of Abu Dhabi
- Masdar City Free Zone
- Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD)
Why Business Setup Abu Dhabi Free Zone?
There are many advantages to set-up a business in the free zone. In any free trade zone, one can also start a business with flexible-facility. The price will vary from one free zone to another free zone. Apart from these, below are some of the advantages of starting a new business in Abu Dhabi free zones:
- 100% foreign ownership
- Full repatriation of profits and capital
- No personal or corporate income tax
- Exemption from import and export customs duties
- Builtin advanced infrastructure
- A business-friendly environment with the simplified company registration process
- Ideal business environment
- Fast immigration process
- Single-window services operation for all the government services like visas, no objection certificates, licensing, and other approvals.
Different legal entities in Abu Dhabi free zones:
A company or person can register their new business in Abu Dhabi free zones, as one of the following:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company:
A limited liability company is an independent legal form, with either a single shareholder or a corporate shareholder.
- Branch of a Foreign Company: Except for foreign companies licensed to operate from a free zone, a foreign company may carry on its main activity or business in the UAE.
- Branch of a Local Company: You can also open a branch of the free zone or mainland company.
- Freelance Permit: A freelance visa is ideal for those who want to work as an independent professional without having a full-time 9 to 5 job. They can sponsor their family and dependents and obtain an emirates identity card.
How Setup Business in Abu Dhabi Free Zones?
The government promotes company formation in Abu Dhabi free zones to facilitate and promote foreign investment; therefore the procedure for business setup is simple, straightforward, and less time-consuming. Free zones are established as an independent body that acts as a single-window administration and allows an entrepreneur to wholly own a company (100% shares), without partnering with a UAE national. Abu Dhabi Free Zone Authority (FZA) is the independent government body that issues free zone operating licenses, handles the registration of non-resident companies, and assists companies in establishing their business. The business setup process includes:
- Identifying the Business Activity as each business activity has its own rules, you need to be sure about the business activity that you are going to conduct.
- Registering the Trade Name After you are through with the first step, the next step is to register your company’s trade name. You must have few business names ready as per priority for final approval.
- After obtaining initial approval for your trade name, you may proceed for final approval to get the trade license.
- The business license will be issued once the final approval is obtained from the authorities.
Document Required For Business Setup Abu Dhabi Free Zones
- Company Application Form
- Passport copies of the shareholders
- Color Passport size photographs with white background
- 2-3 suggested names for the new company
- Specifications of the business activity
- Number of visas required
- 2 x Proofs of Address
- Bank Reference Letter
- CV for freelance license
Our Opinion About Abu Dhabi Business Setup:
With the global business trend, Abu Dhabi Free Zone Authority is keen to cash in on various opportunities and challenges. It provides the best support to companies established within its free zones. Company formation in Abu Dhabi free zones needs comprehensive business planning and decision-making to ensure that the appropriate area is chosen and all the necessary formalities are taken care of. One should be aware of all the legal procedures, licensing and registration requirements, types of ownership possible, and funding requirements and have every document in place along with the minimum capital amount to be deposited in the bank as per the selected free zone.
EXPEDITEZONE DUBAI has a team of experienced advisers with extensive knowledge of all company setup rules in Abu Dhabi free zones and can help you with company formation in Abu Dhabi with ease, and ensure good tax savings. As an experienced business setup professionals, we will ensure the company formation in appropriate free zone with complete processing of residence visa, bank account opening, business registration and other external approvals.