Dubai Design District Free Zone
Dubai Design District is located in the heart of the city, Dubai Design District was launched in the year 2013 by the UAE’s Prime Minister and the Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. D3 free zone license in Dubai offers the most modern and creative environment for designers and creative professionals.
The main aim to establish the Dubai Design District free zone was to create a tailor-made design business environment that gives opportunities to local as well foreign talent and a place for creative minds. The free zone offers great potential for fashion and design industry. We provide professional services for the Dubai design district company setup.
The free zone is home to large and small companies, from boutique studios to famous global fashion company. Thus the market plays a key role in the popularity of D3, with the fashion and design industries booming in the region. The geographical location of Design District Dubai is prime location just next to the Dubai downtown area of Dubai in the center of the city.
Dubai Design District (D3) is governed by Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority, an independent regulatory body. This free zone is one of its kind with all the facilities required by the business community.
Types Of Companies in Dubai Design District Free Zone
Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
This is a wholly owned company or, in simple words, an independent legal entity, and this type of entity is required to have at least 1 director.
Branch Office of a UAE Company
There are options to setup branch of an existing foreign company with the same business name.
Branch Office of a Foreign Company with D3 free zone license Dubai
This is 100% foreign owned with no share capital requirements. A branch office may conduct all or some of the operations as per its parent’s company.
With such a license an individual has the ability to operate as a freelancer. Also, it enables the practitioner to conduct a business under the birth name, as opposed to a brand name.
Benefits Of Setting Up A Business In the Dubai Design District
- Zero personal income tax
- No corporate tax
- No restrictions on hiring foreign clients
- Also there are no currency restrictions
- No limit on profits and capital repatriation
- Ideal for start-ups
Simple laws and legal framework
- Special business license for designing and fashion sector with freelance permits for designers
- Designers from all over the world located in one area, also collaborating and creating promising opportunities for new talent
- 100% foreign ownership
Types Of Licenses Available In the Dubai Design District
There are 2 types of licenses available in the Dubai Design District Free Zone:
- Commercial License
- Manufacturing License
How To Setup a Company in Dubai Design District Free Zone?
Since there are a lot of investors looking to set up a business in the Dubai Free zone known for design and innovation-oriented people – the D3 free zone. Thus, to register a company in Dubai Design District, the following business licenses are the options:
Process to Set Up a Company in Dubai Design District
There are 3 basic steps to getting a license in any of the free zones. Below are the main steps to start the process:
- Fill out the application
- Submit necessary documents and make the payment
- Collect your registration certificate and license Subsequently, after paying the fees, your registration request will be processed. Then after the approval, you can collect your registration certificate along with a valid license.
- Company registration application
- Details of shareholder(s)
- Copy of the business plan
- Original Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA)
- Board resolution
- Scan Passport copy and specimen signature of the owner
- No Objection Letter from sponsor
- Proof of share capital
Why to Set Up Company in Dubai Design District Free Zone?
Dubai Design District-D3 is a place where investors & talented professionals can live and work. Also where aspiring designers can cut their teeth and learn their trade, and local talent can work along with international designers, artists, and fashion houses. Moreover, it is, at its heart, a place where creative minds can come together to realize their dreams. Also for the thousands of artists, fashion designers, and creative minds across the region, there has been a desperate need for a creative living community, and they have gotten it through Design District free zone. Apart from these benefits, other reasons why one should set up business in this free zone are:
- D3 is a world-class business hub
- Wide range of business activity
- Modern offices to cater to a designer’s need
- It has facilities for studios and workshops
Get in touch with company formation expert for complete business setup in Dubai, our dedicated team will help you in setup process of each step.